Summer Training – Tuesdays June 13 to August 22
Ages 10 & older
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you will be attending.
Health History Form (all participants must have completed for this year.)
Waiver (Please fill this out if you did not ski with us this Winter)
GNST summer training will focus on age-based conditioning with a focus on movement skills and agility. Our goal is for the kids to have fun with team mates, while gaining movement skills and fitness. We know you all get in plenty of distance on your own!
Stella Holt – Entering 8th grade and older
Cameron Blake – Entering 7th grade and younger. Must be at least 10.
Assistants/Subs – Robin Brooks, Craig Hertz and more.
Activities will include: ski specific exercises like bounding, relays, obstacle courses, ball games (soccer, passing games). Roller skiing – Those who are at least 13 by this summer and with a coach approved ski skill level will have the option to roller ski. The roller ski focus will be on agility with some skiing.
- Poles with ferrules (tips that will work on pavement) We will have some free poles that will need to be cut to height and have ferrule tips installed. Ferrules will be available to purchase ($7 estimated)
- NNN Skate or combi boots (rentals available for $15 for summer)
- Helmet, high vis shirt or vest.
- Roller skis will be provided or bring your own
- Poles a few inches below shoulder (an old pair or adjustable hiking poles are fine)
- Running shoes
- Water pack or water bottle and carrier
We will generally meet within 10-15 minutes of downtown Whitefish at public trails and park locations to be announced via a schedule emailed each week.
All athletes will be encouraged to participate with the team in the Big Mountain Run on August 5th.