Sunday, January 8, 2017
Thank you to all the participants – over 90 this year! And thank you to all the volunteers who made it happen, head groomer and course setter – Steve Muller and especially race director – Robin Brooks. We had very well attended youth races this year with both Seeley and Sandpoint teams attending!
Every year since 1983 in mid-January, Glacier Nordic Club hosts the Glacier Glide Freestyle Race at the Whitefish Lake Golf Course. The race will have a pursuit format that includes both classic and freestyle races for a combined time. The short pursuit will be a 3.5k classic and 3.5k freestyle race, and the longer pursuit will be a 10k classic and a 15k freestyle race.
The course is over an enjoyable and fast flat-to-rolling terrain. Join us!
- Cookie Scramble (short out-and back; usually kids aged 3-5 years) and 1k freestyle races.
- 3.5 k classic and skate races
- 10k classic
- 15k skate race
Note: The Pursuit category combines your times from the 3 +3 or 10+15 races.
Glacier Nordic Center (Whitefish Lake Golf Course)
8:00 am: Registration open
REGISTRATION CLOSES 30 minutes ahead of each race
9:00 am: 10k Classic
10:00 am: 3k Classic
11:00 am: 15k Skate
12:15 pm: Cookie Scramble & 1 km races
1:00 pm 3k skate
Cookie Race: FREE
1km (18 & under only): FREE
3k Skate: $10
3k Classic: $10
6k Pursuit (3k Classic and 3k Skate): $20
10k Classic: $15
15k Skate: $15
25 k Pursuit (10k Classic +15k Skate): $25
Enter here by 3pm Jan 7 ($2.50 runsignup fee per entry)
Day of Race Entries increase by $5 per race.
Post-Race Chili Feed
* $5 for Cookie Scramble and 1 km kids, and non-racers
* Free for 3k-and-up racers
* Overall & age group; 1st–3rd places; male & female in each race
* Glacier Nordic Club’s post-race awards and Chili Feed will be held at the Whitefish Lake Restaurant (adjacent to the race course)
For more information, contact us.